Chartered Accountants 

   Contact Us                          
   P. (09) 570 2011
   F. (09) 527 6272   


Changing Accountants
Its easy and we will do all the hard work for you

If your accountant is not delivering the service you expect then its time for a change.

Step 1
Call us to arrange a FREE consultation to discuss your current requirements and any business issues or concerns you may have.

Step 2
Give us your permission in writing to obtain a copy of your accounting and tax records and to deal with the Inland Revenue Department on your behalf. This is done simply by signing our Engagement Letter which you can download here or contact us and we will send you one.

Step 3
We will write to your current accountant of your intention to change and ask for a copy of your accounting and tax records.

Some common concerns:  

Will the IRD be concerned if you change accountants?
No. Changing accountants is a normal part of business life.

Will your previous accountant send you an invoice to handover the various documents to your new accountant?
Your outgoing accountant may charge you for their time in gathering the needed information for your new accountant but usually they wont.

What about the Companies Office records?
Once we have received your accounting and tax records from your prior accountant we will advise the Companies Office of the change of registered office.

What is the difference between a Chartered Accountant and an Accountant?
Anyone can call themselves an accountant. They may have purchased an accounting franchise or simply set themselves up at home to make extra money.

A chartered accountant is a member of the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants and must comply with the institutes complex rules and regulations.

For more on Chartered Accountants
click here.

Copyright Sawden & Associates Ltd © | Disclaimer | Site Map | Websites for accountants by Wolters Kluwer